Private Oestopath Clinic
Back pain affects thousands of people, but in most cases is not serious and medical treatment is not always necessary.
Martin Coleman holds a private Osteopath clinic based at The Beggarwood Surgery; please ask at reception for further information or to book an appointment.
Click below to watch an osteopath explain how an expert can help prevent back pain and how exercises such as Pilates can help strengthen your back.
MOST BACK PAIN IS CAUSED BY
- Stiffness or spasm of the muscles caused by sleeping in an uncomfortable position
- Doing activities you are not used to
- Being overweight
- Incorrect lifting techniques
- A disc between the base of the spine moving out of position or pressing on a nerve
COMMON BACK PROBLEMS
- Pain of the upper or lower back
- Pain spreading from the back of the thigh to the ankle (sciatica)
BACK PROBLEMS CAN BE PREVENTED BY
- Keeping active
- Keeping to a healthy weight
- Sleeping on a firm mattress
- Lifting heavy weights correctly - crouch down, straighten knees and keep your back straight